Saturday, September 1, 2012

Essays 1,2, and 3




I think that the word arête means excellence or knowledge. Socrates demonstrated arête because he would always walk around to people and he would tell them that they needed to think. I think in doing so that he demonstrated knowledge. The Greeks always tried to live to their fullest potential and do their best at everything.

If Elbert Hubbard were to travel to present day I think that he wouldn't like it at all. I think he would want things more plain and simple and he would tell people to make things the way he wanted. If Socrates were to time travel I don't think he would mind as much of what the atmosphere was live and what kind of things were built and taking place. I think he would still try going around telling people to think and that he would still stand up for whatever he believed in. I also think if he came to present day and he were to get put on trial again that he would just take the death again instead of trying to get out of it. I think he would be the same old person.

I think if I want to be successful at John Carroll then I'm going to try to pay attention in all my classes and not get off track. I will try to stay out of trouble the best I can and follow all the rules and regulations. I will be on time for everything and no lame excuses for if I'm not, I want to be honest in what I do wrong or right. I want to keep up my grades and be an honors student maybe even try for straight a's. I won’t take the easy way out of everything, I'll do what I need to do and take the classes I need to take so that I can go to college and get a good job to be successful in life. I don’t want to end up with a job where I get paid little so that it’s just enough to get by. I want to get a job that pays good money so that I can use it to raise a good family. I will do all of this over the course of the next four years. I mean I won’t need money for a family over the next for years, but I still need a god job. 

1 comment:

  1. #1: Good point, but a little brief. See if you can put a little more effort into these essays, Adrianna. 21/25.

    #2: Can you tell me what specifically would Hubbard be looking for, and what Socrates would think of America? This seems pretty vague. 20/25.

    #3. This looks like a good plan. Good luck at JC, Adrianna! 24/25.

    ReplyDelete